We keep getting everyone asking us what to do for solar, so we figured it out for you!
This is an all in one kit, that will allow you to simply add your own panels and connect a few wires and go!
We suggest either of these panels:
We typically suggest two or three of these for most vans.
Make sure you consider how to mount to your vehicle. If you are mounting to the roof typically we recommend using these style of mounts, or if you are mounting to a rack, some thinking may be involved.
Included in kit:
- Total of 30 feet of Ancor marine Grade 8 AWG wire
- Anti chafing braided wire sleeving
- Heat shrink ends (spare included if you need to shorten wires)
- Solar Gland
- Butyl Tape
- Stainless Self Drilling Screws
- White Dicor Self Leveling Lap Sealant
- 2 MC4 Connectors
- 1 1/2" Rubber Grommet
- Victron Energy Smart 100/30 MPPT
- Circuit breaker for panels to MPPT
- Circuit Breaker for MPPT to battery
- Terminals for battery
- Drill 1 1/2" hole in appropriate location on roof.
- Paint edges of hole
- Install supplied rubber grommet
- Install solar gland
- Apply supplied butyl tape to bottom of solar gland
- Insert wires into the 1 1/2" hole and feed into the van from the top
- Press the solar gland to the van roof (wires facing the rear of van)
- Install included screws to hold gland to roof
- Apply included Dicor Lap Sealant over the screws and all edges to seal from elements
- Connect Wiring
- In all steps, if needed, shorten cable length, and reseal the ends of the braided wire cover with included heat shrink
- Mount the Din Slot to where you would like to mount the circuit breaker prior to MPPT with included screws
- Connect the positive and negative from the solar panel harness to the circuit breaker provided (ensure CB is switched off)
- Mount the MPPT to the wall with included screws
- Connect positive and negative from the Circuit Breaker to the PV input on MPPT
- Connect positive from mppt to Circuit Breaker.
- Connect Circuit breaker to battery positive
- Connect negative from MPPT to battery Negative
- Program MPPT
- Download the Victron Connect app and follow instructions to connect to your phone
- Ensure that your battery type is selected under Battery Preset.
- Connect your supplied panels and branch connectors to our harness.
- Switch on CB breakers and go!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. This is designed to be a fast (under an hour) installation of all the wiring and connections to get you on the road with a solid solar setup.