The Cyrix Battery Combiner is a microprocessor controlled heavy duty relay that automatically connects batteries in parallel when one of them has reached a pre-set voltage (indicating that the battery is being charged), and disconnects when the voltage decreases below float level (indicating that one or more batteries are being discharged). Cyrix Battery Combiners are an excellent replacement for diode isolators. The main feature is that there is virtually no voltage loss so that the output voltage of alternators or battery chargers does not need to be increased. This Intelligent Battery Combiner from Victron Energy works with 12 or 24 Volts and can handle a load of up to 120 Amps, it has over-current and over-temperature correction built in (the CT in the title refers to Controlled Temperature ) There is an available terminal to fit a manual override combine button to assist when starting is difficult.
This battery combiner is an excellent economical substitute for the Blue Sea 7610 which is temporarily unavailable due to a difficulty sourcing components.
- Automatic voltage detect for 12 or 24 Volt systems
- 120 Amp continuous rating, 180 Amps cranking rating
- Bidirectional voltage sensing - The Cyrix senses the voltage of both connected batteries. It will therefore also engage if either battery is on charge
- Protection catagory IP54 (protection from dust and splashed water)
- Dimensions 1.8" x 1.8" x 3.2"
- Manufacturers datasheet
- Instruction manual